A NEW SUDOKU VARIANT! :D

Puzzle # 57: Between Line Digit Sandwich Sudoku!


G'day! Well, I must say, this puzzle is something very special as it is a sudoku variant I created to make this very tribute puzzle work ... and it has worked SO well I have the utmost confidence you will enjoy solving it as much as I enjoyed setting and test solving it!


I'm calling this new variant Digit Sandwich Sudoku! The rules may be a bit tricky at first so I encouraged you to take some time to read and understand them. There are also several Between Lines which you will see form the basis of the lovely visual theme - thankyou SJ! :)


Not long ago now (as @ 11:59 pm Saturday 23/9/23), I finished streaming on twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/chocchip37) and part of my stream earlier tonight involved solving this very puzzle! It was one of my favourite solves so I'm sure you'll enjoy it too :)


Rules:

- Normal sudoku rules apply.

- Between Line rules: digits on a line must be strictly between the digits in the circles on the ends of the line.

- Normal AND Digit Sandwich rules apply: Exactly half the outside clues are normal sandwich clues. The other outside clues are DIGIT SANDWICH clues which denote the sum of digits sandwiched between x and y, where x and y represent digits IN ORDER in that clue - e.g., sum of digits sandwiched between 1 & 4 = 14 (not 41), sum of digits sandwiched between 1 & 2 = 12 (NOT 21).

- It is up to the solver to determine whether outside clues represent normal sandwich or digit sandwich clues.



https://tinyurl.com/ykwqx5au


Enjoy, and may the cookies crumble in your favour!


CC :) 

Comments