Thanks Glum Hippo and SudoKanard for the inspiration! :)

Puzzle # 62: XY Differences Sudoku!


G'day! I've really been getting into XY Differences Sudoku lately thanks to it being featured in Round 2 of 2024 WPF Sudoku GP authored by SudoKanard and solving a few puzzles set by Glum Hippo. I tried my hand at creating one after solving a few and here is what I came up with :)


NB: The special rules can be a bit confusing at first, so make sure to take some time to understand them if you're not familiar with them :)


Rules:

- Normal sudoku rules apply.

- XY Differences rules: The absolute difference of 2 horizontally/vertically adjacent cells between a diamond is given by the 1st digit in their row/column. ALL such diamonds are given - i.e., if no diamond is between 2 adjacent cells, then their absolute difference is NOT given by the 1st digit in their row/column.


A few examples of the rules in action based on the grid below:

- The absolute difference of r3c4 and r3c5 = r3c1 (diamond between those 2 cells)

- The absolute difference of r2c4 and r2c5 is NOT = r2c1 (NO diamond between those 2 cells).



https://tinyurl.com/25dfvrol


Enjoy, and may the cookies crumble in your favour!


CC :)

Comments

  1. I randomly remembered that it's been a while since I've done one of your puzzles, so I come here to check out what you've been up to and I find this beauty?! This was my first encounter with this rule set and while it took me a bit to get familiar with it, the solve ended up flowing really nicely. Thank you for another great puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much for your kind words - I'm glad you enjoyed the puzzle as much as I enjoyed setting it! It was my first attempt at setting a puzzle with only this variant and it worked out nicely, so I'm definitely excited to set more in the future.

      Delete

Post a Comment